Hurricane Barry was a nice little test for all of us to be READY.
The peak of the season is in September and we can still experience a hurricane up to November.
We have amazing tenants and here are some ideas for the community:
- Get to know your dock mates; exchange telephone numbers and agree to help each other.
- Rehearse your mooring plan with everyone who may be involved.
Buy your extra line, chafe gear and fenders NOW so you will be prepared. A hurricane can develop very quickly.
ADVANCE HURRICANE PLANNING CHECKLIST
- Primary Mooring Lines – Check size, condition, and length.
- Spring Lines – Check size, condition, and length.
- Check vessel cleat size to be sure primary/spring lines will fit on one cleat.
- Chafe gear – use clear vinyl, water hose or leather (punch a hole at each end of the hose to secure it to the line with a smaller line to avoid sliding).
- Rehearse storm mooring procedures.
- Plan your evacuation route.
- Update insurance coverage and locate vessel papers.
- Photograph your vessel, inside and out, in case of a possible insurance claim.
Here are some more articles about hurricanes and how we can prepare.
2019 NOAA Hurricane prediction
9 Tips for Hurricane Season
Veronica Jeans is a Ecommerce Business Coach and Marketing Expert. She is passionate about helping businesses launch successfully.
www.veronicajeans.comLike Me on Facebook :)
She can help you promote your business, sell your products or services and show you how to find your perfect customers to be successful.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.